Sunday, October 12, 2008

Living in a Coffin for 30 Minutes - MRI Scan

Wednesday, 5th October 2008

I was having a leg injury since the recent past. It was really painful. I went to treatments to everywhere I can go. Initially, Prathaj thought that it is a ham-string injury and but the doctors thought that it is nerve problem. Somehow, it was a nerve problem. So had to get an X-ray. But, the X-ray wasn't good enough to find out where the actual problem is. So the doctor asked to get an MRI scan. That's just an introduction about the story behind.

People told me that the MRI scanning machine makes weird noises. Those sounds make the patient afraid and all sorts of thing to destroy the mentality. Actually, they said that it produces sounds of ghosts and so on... Well, I was also aware of them and prepared to meet the ghosts in the MRI scanning machine. And I was also very keen to meet them because, I've never seen any one of them before.

So the day arrived.... And I'm ready for it.
As I entered the room a tall nice nurse came to me and gave me, some sort of a night-gown worn by women and said "Wear this and remove all your metal stuff". Innocently did so. Then, I was asked to sit on a chair close to the room where the MRI scanning machine is. There are too many safety precautions written on it. I hardly could understand them. The only thing I understood was, it is something related to magnetic fields.

I was sitting down in that chair for a while and was bored. So, I decide to take little walk around.
There I saw a doctor doing some image processing and some patients hanging around here and there. I was having my own fun. As soon as I see a nurse I hide my self somewhere or do something silly to avoid them. Also went to the CT scan room where only doctors are allowed and checked that device out. It seem like another coffin according to me.
Seemed like fun. After about 30 minutes of loss, The doctor asked me to go to the fearful MRI scanning room.

There was something like a bed and asked me to sleep on it. And then plugged two ear plugs and asked me to stay still holding my breath while the scan is done.
So, Everything is now ready. And the doctor switched on the machine.

And I was sent into that machine. The first sound I heard was a Gunshot. Then another Bomb attack. And then again and on and on. It was not about ghosts, but about a War with gunshots and bombing. It was very amusing and annoying. Sometimes painful. But, sometimes the sounds seem to make a nice drum beat too.
The worst part is 'It was like living in a coffin', isolated in every corner. It doesn't seem to end sooner. So decided to have little nap and let the machine take care of the war.

Then after about 36 minutes I found Peace. It ended!
From that moment, I hardly couldn't hear properly for a while except gunshots echoing in my years.
Somehow,"I found no ghost in it". Thus, "Now I know how hard it is to live in a coffin" and "Live in the middle of a War".

All in all, it was a good experience and a memorable moment in my life.

Universal Vishwa

No comments: